Although, we love Champagne (oh so much!), it certainly isn’t the only choice when it comes to refreshing and delicious bubbly goodness that sings out of the glass.
It’s important to know that sparkling wines aren’t second to Champagne. Au contraire! For the third year in the row, Ferrari Trento is the official sparkling wine of the Emmy Awards. And many on this list are also award winners. Montes Sparkling Angel earned 92 points from wine critic James Suckling. While Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Blancs scored 91 points with Wine Enthusiast. Sparkling wine also costs a whole lot less than Champagne. For the price of an average bottle of Champagne, you can enjoy premium sparkling wine.
With this list of affordable, sustainable, organic, and biodynamic bubbly, don’t save opening a bottle only for special occasions. Anytime you feel like a refreshing pick-me-up, pop the cork on a bottle of Prosecco, Cava, Metodo Classico, Crémant, Rosé, or Espumante.
A favorite for spritzers, (recipes below!) you can also add a few drops of quality liqueur in sparkling wine for a different drink experience. KOVAL’s organic Jasmine and Orange Blossom add a delicate floral essence to sparkling wine.
Of course, as with Champagne, preference is all about bubble size and sugar levels. Fine tune your palate for the effervesce you prefer and what level of sweetness makes you want to chill and serve a bottle of sparkling wine right now.
To get the party started, peruse this list of 51 sparkling wines all made with sustainable, organic, or biodynamic grapes ( in no particular order) from all over the world at different price points that will please both your palate and your budget.
- Guy Chaumont, Crémant de Bourgogne Blanc, Chardonnay/Pinot Noir, Burgundy, France, NV, $22 (Organic)
- Vigdegour, Cygnus Cava Brut DO, Macabeu/Parellada/Xarello, Valencia, Spain $24 (Organic)
- Simonsig Kaapse Vonkel Brut Rosé, Stellenbosch South Africa, NV, $23.99 (Sustainable)
- La Rocca Blanc de Blanc, Chardonnay, 2004, Sierra Foothills, CA $43 (Organic)
- Viansa Sonoma Blanc De Noir, Sonoma Valley, CA, Pinot Noir & Chardonnay, NV, $32 (Sustainable)
- Stellar Organics Extra Dry, Chenin Blanc 100%, Western Cape, South Africa, 2016, $13.99 (Organic)
- Terra Viva, Extra Dry Prosecco, 100% Glera, Veneto, Italy, 2016, $13.99 (Biodynamic)
- Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG, Glera, Valdobbiadene, Italy, $21.99 (Sustainable)
- Ferrari Perlé, 100% Chardonnay, Trentodoc, 2009, $41.99 (Organic)
- Tasca d’Almerita, Almerita Brut Contea di Sclafani DOC $57 (Sustainable)
- Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Blancs, Carneros, NV, $22 (Sustainable)
- Albert Mann Crémant d’Alsace Extra Brut 2014 $24 (Biodynamic)
- SYLTBAR Mr. Premium Prosecco, Glera, Friuli, NV, $19.99 (Sustainable)
- Amista Vineyards, Blanc de Blanc, Chardonnay, Dry Creek Valley, Healdsburg, California, NV, $40 (Sustainable)
- Bodega Norton Sparkling Demi Sec, Chardonnay and Chenin, Luján de Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina, $12.99 (Sustainable)
- Onward, Malvasia Bianca (Petillant Naturel), Capp Inn Ranch, Suisun Valley, California, 2016, $24 (Sustainable)
- Kuentz-Bas Crémant d’Alsace Brut Tradition $17 (Biodynamic)
- Guerila Castra Brut Nature, Vipavska dolina, Slovenija, 2014 $38 (Biodynamic)
- La Pinte, Crémant du Jura, 75% Chardonnay 15% Savagnin 10% Pinot noir, Arbois, Jura, France, 2014 (Biodynamic)
- Domaine de Bourdieu, 100% Semillon, Cremant de Bordeaux, France, NV, $21.99 (Sustainable)
- Perlage “Canah” Prosecco, Glera, Veneto, Italy 2016, $17 (Organic)
- Mionetto Organic Prosecco NV, Glera, Veneto, Italy, $15 (Organic)
- Pizzolato Organic Prosecco NV, Glera, Veneto, Italy, $15 (Organic)
- Pizzolato Organic Moscato, Traviso, Italy, 2016, $13 (Organic)
- Tarantas Organic Cava NV, Valencia, Spain, $14 (Organic)
- Santa Julia Organic Blanc de Blancs, Chardonnay, Mendoza Argentina NV, $15 (Sustainable)
- Korbel Organic Brut NV, French Colombard, Sangiovese, Chardonnay, Sonoma County, California, $14 (Organic)
- Bodega Norton Sparkling Demi Sec, Chardonnay and Chenin, Luján de Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina, NV $12.99 (Sustainable)
- Domaine Bousquet Sparkling, Chardonnay/Pinot Noir, Tupungato, Argentina NV $18 (Organic)
- Pizzolato Paloma Rose Prosecco, Glera/Raboso, Veneto, Italy 2016, $17 (Organic)
- Biokult Sparkling Rose, Pinot Noir, Pamhagen, Austria 2016 $17 (Biodynamic)
- Terra Savia Brut Rouge Sparkler, Merlot/Petite-Verdot, Mendocino, CA 2012 $22 (Organic)
- Montes Sparkling Angel, Brut,70% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay, Aconcagua Valley, Chile, 2013 $14.99 (Sustainable)
- Bodega Norton Sparkling Brut Rosé, Chardonnay 50% Chenin 40 % Pinot Noir 10%, Luján de Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina, NV, $12.99 (Sustainable)
- Finca Fabian Espumoso Rosado, Grenache and Bobal, Las Pedroñeras-Cuenca, Spain, 2015 $15 (Organic)
- Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé, Chardonnay, Glera, Malbec, Hilly area in the province of Treviso and Eastern area in the province of Venice, Italy, $21.99 (Sustainable)
- SYLTBAR Mrs. Sparkling Rosé, Merlot, Friuli, NV, $22.99 (Sustainable)
- Gloria Ferrer Brut Rose, Carneros, NV, $29 (Sustainable)
- Ferrari Rosé, 60% Pinot Nero/40% Chardonnay, Trentodoc, NV, $35.99 (Organic)
- Amista Vineyards – Sparkling Syrah, Syrah, Dry Creek Valley, Healdsburg, California, 2015, $40 (Sustainable)
- Montes Sparkling Angel, Brut, 70% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay, Aconcagua Valley, Chile, 2013 $14.99 (Sustainable)
- Onward, Rosé of Pinot Noir, Petillant Naturel Rosé, Hawkeye Ranch, Redwood Valley, California, 2016, $30 (Sustainable)
- Domaine Eugene Meyer, 60% Pinot Auxerrois, 20% Pinot Gris, 10% each Pinot Blanc and Pinot Noir, Cremant d’Alsace Brut, France NV $21.99 (Sustainable)
- Bodega Norton Sparkling Brut Rosé, Chardonnay 50% Chenin 40 % Pinot Noir 10% , Luján de Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina, $12.99 NV (Sustainable)
- Perlage “Altana” Rosato Frizzante, 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, Veneto IGT, Italy, 2016; $10.99 (Sustainable)
- Catherine and Pierre Breton Vouvray Brut “La Dilettante”, Vouvray Brut, Loire Valley, France, NV, $25 (Biodynamic)
- Domaine Dirler-Cadé Crémant d’Alsace Brut Nature Rosé, Crémant d’Alsace, Alsace, France, 2013, $29 (Biodynamic)
- Jo Landron Atmospheres Brut, Domaine de La Louvetrie, Loire Valley, France $22.99 (Organic)
- Fiorini Lambrusco di Sorbara Corte degli Attimi, Lambrusco, Emilia-Romagna, Italy, 2016 $20 (Organic)
- Mas Candi Brut Nature Cava, Cava, Penedes, Spain, NV, $22.99 (Biodynamic)
- Tarantas Organic Sparkling Rose NV, Bobal, Valencia, Spain, $12 (Organic)
Cucumber Lime & Basil Prosecco Spritzer
1 lime juiced
4 basil leaves
4 cucumber slices
Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG
Muddle lime juice, basil, and cucumber in a shaker glass. (For extra flavor infusion allow mixture to marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.) Add ice and shake the mixture. Strain the juice only (about ½ oz.) into a Prosecco glass. Top with Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG and garnish with a basil leaf and cucumber slice. Serves one.
Raspberry Peach Prosecco Punch
12 oz. frozen raspberries
2 cups peach nectar, chilled
1 bottle of Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG, chilled
Place frozen raspberries in a large glass pitcher or bowl. Top with the peach nectar and Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG. Fill remainder of the pitcher with ice cubes. Stir and serve cold. Serves 10.
*Disclaimer: Help support Organic Authority! Our site is dedicated to helping people live a conscious lifestyle. We’ve provided some affiliate links above in case you wish to purchase any of these products.
Related on OrganicAuthority