2 blood oranges
1 fennel bulb
1/4 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
A few sprigs of fresh mint
Juice of half a lemon
Olive oil for drizzling
Salt to taste
1. Peel the blood oranges and slice them into rounds.
2. Cut the frond end of the fennel bulb off and discard. Then slice the fennel into slices that are about 1/4″ thick.
3. Arrange the fennel on the plate first and then layer the orange slices on top.
4. Squeeze the lemon juice over the top of everything and drizzle on the amount of olive oil that suits your taste.
5. Add a few grinds of salt.
6. Sprinkle the pistachio nuts over the top and garnish with fresh mint leaves.